New Wednesday 7pm training session at Cook
We are pleased to announce that the Cook Dojo will be introducing a new weekly training session on Wednesday evenings (7-8.30 pm) commencing from 11 March.
The session will be led by Damon Schearer Yondan (4th Dan), who commenced Aikido training in 1991 with Brisbane Aikikai until moving to Canberra in 2007 and joining Aikido Kenkyukai. Damon has also had exposure, or experience in, other Aikido cross training which cover the spectrum of Aikido “styles” - Yoshinkan Aikido through special classes for police, Takemusu Aikido through informal cross training, and 5 years of Shodokan (Tomiki) Aikido. His principal Aikido influences have been Katsuyuki Shimamoto 8th Dan Shihan (and Buddhist Priest) of the Shosenji Dojo in Osaka and David Brown 6th Dan Shihan of Aikikai Australia (Victoria).
Aikido is a mental, physical and spiritual martial art for men, women and children of all ages.
For current students:
- join our email newsletter that will send you email notifications of events and activites. Just create an account on the Login/Subscribe page, and then subscribe.
- there are many references for off-the-mat research in the Students page
- check out what events are coming up on the Events page, and
- see what happened at previous events in the Photo gallery.
If you are new to Aikido, or Canberra, follow these links to find out:
- what Aikido is,
- how to join a beginners course,
- about our club and Aikido Kenkyukai International
- how to join us, and
- when and where we train.
Aikido Kenkyukai is a member of the Martial Arts Industry Association.
All our instructors are either accredited with MAIA or are undergoing accreditation.
You can find more information at the MAIA websiteThey also have an app for Android and iPhone phones to allow you to search for accredited instructors.