- Morihei Ueshiba, Budo (the teachings of the founder)
- Kisshomaru Ueshiba, The Spirit of Aikido
- Kisshomaru Ueshiba, Aikido
- Compiled by John Stevens, The essence of Aikido: the Spiritual teachings of Morihei Ueshiba
- A. Westbrook and O. Ratti, Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere
- Koichi Tohei, Aikido with Ki
- Koichi Tohei, Ki in Daily Life
- Koichi Tohei, Ki Coordinating Mind and Body
- Richard Heckler, Aikido and the New Warrior
- Richard Heckler, In Search of the Warrior Spirit
- George Leonard, The Silent Pulse
- George Leonard, The Transformation
- Aikido Today magazine.
- Miyomoto Mushashi, The Book of Five Rings
- Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Taisen Deshimaru, The Zen Way to the Martial Arts
Good bookstores for Aikido books include:
- Planet Max Stores, City and Tuggeranong
- Hierophant, Griffith
- Smiths Alternative Bookstore, City
- http://www.thingsofjapan.com.au books section
AKI members can ask to loan or copy (where copyright allows) of old AKI DVDs & videos. Ask your sensei about them. They include:
- Takeda Sensei & O'Sensei: O'Sensei in the 1960s & Takeda Sensei in the 1980s.
- Yamaguchi Sensei at Meiji University in the 1980s.
- Yamaguchi Sensei in Memoriam Exhibition by various senseis in Yamaguchi Sensei's memory. Includes Takeda Sensei, Dojocho, Bob Gibbon, and lots of others.
- International Friendship Aikido Gasshuku 1-4 April 1994, Canberra Easter Camp. Includes demonstration by and interview with Takeda Sensei.
- Easter Camp 1996, Canberra Numata Sensei, 6th Dan, lead the camp.
- Ishii Sensei, Turner Dojo, 1999. Ishii Sensei's clear instruction and detail captured by Drago Zovak
- Aikido at old Weston Dojo, Circa 1997. Nigel Carruthers-Taylor instructing. Owner: Nigel Carruthers-Taylor
- Samurai Aikijutsu: Features Daitoryu Aikijutsu - the predecessor to Aikido. Toshihiro Obata instructs and demonstrates the techniques of Aikijutsu & Tameshigiri (live blade test cutting). Owner: Nigel Carruthers-Taylor
- The Magic of Conflict: Ki Society Sensei, Thomas Crumb, demonstrates Ki concepts and how to handle conflicts. Circa 1970s. Owner: Nigel Carruthers-Taylor