Events held previously in Aikido Kenkyukai.
Sydney CitySaturday, 29 September, 2012 (All day) to Sunday, 30 September, 2012 (All day)
Saturday, 18 August, 2012 (All day) to Sunday, 19 August, 2012 (All day)
On the weekend of August 18/19, Balmain will be hosting a workshop on the Internal Power or "aiki" that is the fundamental basis of all martial Arts and sorely missing from Aikido. It is the vital element of O sensei's teaching yet has virtually been lost in the intervening 50yrs since his passing. IT is still apparent in the Chinese Internal Arts and a few determined individuals from Daito Ryu and Aikido have worked hard to keep the practises alive and accessible.
Dr Michael Dreyer spent a week in East coast USA in June at one of these intensives and will be conducting training and passing on his observations, experience and practises.
Simon Wong will be also teaching some practises from his background in both Karate and Taichi. There is no difference in the principles of Inner Power from across all the martial arts. What is different is the form in which it is expressed, and obviously we are interested in aikido ( the way of "aiki") as its expression.
I will also explain how we seem to have gotten into this situation throughout the aikdo and Japanese Budo world. Comments from significant people in our heritage will also be passed on.
Classes will be from 8am saturday through to 2pm with break for brunch.
Then again on sunday from 9am to 12 pm.
Please bring a bokken.
Cost will be $60 for the weekend or $25 per session. All funds will be used to pay for dojo hire and reimbursement of Dr Dreyer's airfare. Any surplus will be used to subsidise future events.
There will also be time for discussion in the afternoon/evening for all to participate, along with refreshments.
I am sure this will be a stimulating weekend for all who participate. It will not be a usual aikido event.
Byron BaySaturday, 14 July, 2012 - 19:00 to Monday, 16 July, 2012 - 02:00
Newcastle PCYCSaturday, 14 July, 2012 - 10:00 to Sunday, 15 July, 2012 - 10:00
14-15 July, 2012, Newcastle
with Yasuyuki Suzuki Sensei, 7th Dan
Newcastle PCYC – Young Road, cnr of Melbourne Street, Broadmeadow
Australian Insitute of Sport (AIS), Bruce ACTFriday, 6 April, 2012 - 19:00 to Sunday, 8 April, 2012 - 21:30
This is one event not to be missed! Bill has a vast aikido history and was an Aikido pioneer in USA. He has written two books on Aikido: The Spiritual Foundations of Aikido and Aikido and Words of Power.
He was a resident on Japan from 1970 to 1980 where he studied Aikido under Yamaguchi Seigo Shihan, at the same time as Takeda Shihan and various senior Japanese AKI Senseis. He established Shobu Aikido dojo in Boston (http://www.shobu.org), and he was the first teacher of senior AKI America Sensei's Jean Rene Leduc & Lia Suzuki.
See the Training page for the location details.
AKI Sydney CitySaturday, 10 March, 2012 - 20:00 to Monday, 12 March, 2012 - 01:00
For those unfamiliar with him, Hiroshi Sensei is chief instructor of the Yokohama University Aikido Club and one of Takeda Yoshinobu Shihan's senior students. He has made numerous visits to Australia for Aikido seminars and is highly regarded for the clarity and strength of his technique, as well as his generosity, warmth and humility. It's bound to be a fantastic seminar and it's open to all levels of students!
Venue: AKI Sydney City
Dates: Sat-Sun, 10-11 March 2012
Training times: TBC but more than likely 9am-2pm each day
There are already 14 students from the Yokohama University Aikido Club accompanying Hiroshi Sensei so spaces will be limited.
Please get in early to avoid disappointment. Pre-registration is via email to email@example.com, and payments can be made by direct deposit/EFT to:
BSB 062-692, Acc. 1169-6548, Berin E Mackenzie.
Thursday, 1 March, 2012 (All day)
The following is a summary of some of the previous events held since 2008.
* 18 February 2012, Canberra
Seminar with Steve Seymour Sensei, 5th Dan
This is the first in a series of seminars I hope to put together this year that acknowledges the wonderful depth of quality instructors that our AKI community has. Steve's strong, direct and centred style of Aikido is one that we can learn a lot from. I recommend this seminar to all AKI members.
Training: 10:30am-3pm (includes breaks but no lunch, so bring snacks with you)
Venue: Tengoku Dojo, Carwoola (on Captians Flat road). Refer to the Senior Classes page for details on how to get there.
Cost: TBA (not expensive)
Contact Nigel on firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail and RSVP.
* 29-30 Jan, 2012, Moruya
* 14-15 January 2012, Hobart
Tasmanian Aikido Summer Camp With
Yasuyuki Suzuki 6th dan
* 5 Nov 2011, Sydney
One-day seminar with Yoshinobu Takeda Shihan 8th dan
9-11am & 2-4pm, $100
AKI Sydney City Dojo, Australia
* 3-4 Sept, Sydney
AKI Sydney City 8th anniversary seminar with Jean-Rene Leduc Sensei, 6th dan
9-11am & 2-4pm, Sat/Sun, $140
AKI Sydney City Dojo, Australia
Contact Berin MacKenzie on email@example.com for details and registration.
* 17-18 Sept, Sydney
Training Weekend with Hector Flores Sensei, 6th dan Aikikai. Terrey Hills dojo, 3 Myoora Rd., Terrey Hills.
*8-9 Oct, Brisbane
Aikido Seminar - Brisbane Aikikai - Williamson Sensei 6th Dan
Brisbane Aikikai is hosting a seminar on the weekend of October 8/9 with Andrew Williamson Sensei.
Williamson Sensei is a 6th Dan Shidoin in NZ Aikikai.
He is the Assistant Technical Director to Takase Shihan for the NZ Shinryukan (Aikikai) Aikido organisation.
He also is the visiting Chief Aikido Instructor for the Gurkha (military) battalion based in Singapore.
* 16-17 July, Sydney
Winter Gasshuku with Yasuyuki Suzuki Sensei, 6th dan. Terrey Hills dojo, 3 Myoora Rd., Terrey Hills.
* 17,18, 19 June 2011, Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains Aikido and Yoga retreat with Berin Mackenzie Sensei, 4th Dan. This camp takes place in a secluded bushland retreat centre inside the beautiful Blue Mountains World Heritage area. Intensive Aikido training is complemented with workshops in Shiatsu massage and Japanese Oki-do Yoga.
* 22-24 April 2011, Canberra
Autumn Gasshuku with Hideo Numata Sensei, 7th dan.
Numata Sensei (7th dan Aikido, 6th dan Iaido) is one the leading students of Takeda Yoshinobu Shihan. He is an exceptional teacher in his own right - incredibly fluid, relaxed and powerful with a great sense of humour and humility. This is a very rare chance to study under such a highly-ranked and gifted teacher outside of Japan, so don't miss out!
* 7-9 Jan 2011, Hobart, Tasmania
The Uni of Tasmania Aikido Club summer Gasshuku 7-9 Jan, 2011.
* 22-23 Jan 2011, Tuross Heads, South Coast NSW
Family friendly weekend of Keiko on the 22nd and 3rd of January.
* 26-27 February, AKI Sydney City Dojo
Gasshuku with Daiyu Takeda Sensei, 5th dan
Sat 8-10am, 1-3pm followed by dinner in city
Sun 9-11am, 2-4pm
* 26-27 February, Newcastle
Aikikai Event with E. Horrii Shihan 7th Dan.
- 18 December 2010 9am-12noon, Cook Community Hall: x-training, grading event and Xmas event. A Xmas luncheon will be prepared and we'll have lunch from 11-1pm. Contact Nigel on 0417 692 178.
- Sep 25-26 2010: AKI Australia 30th Anniversary Celebrations Yudansha training with Takeda Shihan, 8th dan. Terrey Hills, Sydney.
- Oct 1-3 2010: Gasshuku with Takeda Shihan 8th dan, Director of Aikikai Hombu Dojo Japan
Date: Friday 1st October 4pm to Sunday 3rd 2pm
Venue: Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation
Wakehurst Parkway Narrabeen NSW 2101
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve 0414 376912
Fees: Early bookings discount of $420 by 31st July.
$470 after that date and before 31st August.
Includes food and accomodation.
All aikido practitioners welcome for this live-in seminar (Includes Meals) .
- Sat 12th and Sun 13th June, Newcastle: 2 day Winter gasshuku. contact email@example.com or by telephone to 02 - 4967 5864
- Apr 10: Jo Workshop with Mike MacGregor, 5th Dan. 9:00-11:00am Sat, at Diddums Close, Lake Ginnidera. Will organise another venue if it's raining. Please bring Jo and Sandshoes/footwear.
- Apr 17: X-training at Tengoku dojo. 9:30-11:00am Tengoku dojo, Captains flat road. This will be instructed by local Senseis.
- Apr 24: X-training with Bruce Lowes, 5th Dan. 9:30-11:30am Tengoku dojo, Captains flat road.
- Jan 23-25: South Coast Get Together. Three days of training and relaxing at beautiful Tuross Heads, South Coast, NSW. Enjoy good training with Senior Australian Senseis (including Bruce and Berin), canoeing on Tuross lake and swimming in the surf.
- Feb 20-21: Suzuki Sensei Gasshuku, Terrey Hills, Sydney. Training will be 11am to 4pm Saturday and 9am to 2pm Sunday. Cost ~$130. The dorms at Terrey Hills are not available so out of towners should check-in with Terrey Hills Caravan Park. There will be a social event for all on Saturday evening
- Nov 14-15: Seminar with Jean-Rene Leduc Sensei, 5th dan, Terrey Hills, Sydney. Two days of dynamic, inspiring and uplifting training with Jean-René of AKI Canada. Go to the Aikido Sydney Events website below for the poster and details.
- Nov 28-29: AKI Orange Dojo 7th Anniversary Gasshuku with Jean-Rene Leduc, 5th dan. Hosted by Orange Dojo.
- Easter Camp 2009
Come and join Seino Sensei 7th Dan and Suzuki Sensei 6th Dan for what promises to be an exciting event.
10-12 April 2009
Erindale PCYC, Canberra
- Farewell to Mike Dunning
Mike Dunning is retiring!
29 January 2009 at Erindale dojo (6:30pm start), followed by a dinner at a local restaurant
See the photos section for photos of this event
- Floriade 2008
21 September @ 1:30pm
Stage 88 Commonwealth Park
Cook DojoSaturday, 22 September, 2012 - 08:30 to 12:30
AKI ACT X-training and Annual General Meeting, Cook Dojo
Aikido Research Class: 8:30 - 9:30
X-training Class: 9:30-11:00
AGM: 11:15 - 12:15