Welcome to the Aikido Kenkyukai International (AKI) Canberra Region website.
Aikido is a mental, physical and spiritual martial art for men, women and children of all ages.
For current students:
- join our email newsletter that will send you email notifications of events and activites. Just create an account on the Login/Subscribe page, and then subscribe.
- there are many references for off-the-mat research in the Students page
- check out what events are coming up on the Events page, and
- see what happened at previous events in the Photo gallery.
If you are new to Aikido, or Canberra, follow these links to find out:
- what Aikido is,
- how to join a beginners course or class,
- about our club and Aikido Kenkyukai International
- how to join us, and
- when and where we train.
If you have never seen Aikido, and wondering what it looks like, this is a video of Seigo Yamaguchi Shihan (9th Dan) demonstrating Aikido in Tokyo in 1998.