AIS training moves to Cook in the new year
The Junior and Seniors' training sessions held at AIS will be moving to Cook Community Hall after the summer break. The sessions will move from Tuesday night to Thursday night. Normal times (during ACT school terms will be 6pm-7pm for Juniors, and 7pm-8:30pm for Seniors. Outside school terms, Seniors will start at 6pm. Full details have been updated in the relevant Training pages.
Dojo training restart dates after summer break
Cook dojo resumes on Saturday Jan 7th 2017. Thursday sessions with Laurie Nash will start on 26th January.
Aikido is a mental, physical and spiritual martial art for men, women and children of all ages.
For current students:
- join our email newsletter that will send you email notifications of events and activites. Just create an account on the Login/Subscribe page, and then subscribe.
- there are many references for off-the-mat research in the Students page
- check out what events are coming up on the Events page, and
- see what happened at previous events in the Photo gallery.
If you are new to Aikido, or Canberra, follow these links to find out:
- what Aikido is,
- how to join a beginners course,
- about our club and Aikido Kenkyukai International
- how to join us, and
- when and where we train.
Aikido Kenkyukai is a member of the Martial Arts Industry Association.
All our instructors are either accredited with MAIA or are undergoing accreditation.
You can find more information at the MAIA websiteThey also have an app for Android and iPhone phones to allow you to search for accredited instructors.